For many of us wealth means having an abundance of money and living a comfortable life. Enjoying the wealth from good oral health is having strong teeth, healthy gums, and being free from dental disease. It allows you to live a comfortable life without a toothache or irritating gums. A healthy mouth allows you to chew delicious and nutritious foods. Good oral health not only lets you enjoy the riches of a healthy smile, but the wealth of overall health.
October is National Dental Hygiene Month!
This is a month focused on promoting a healthy mouth. Taking care of your teeth and gums can protect you from painful and costly dental emergencies, many which could have been avoided by good dental hygiene habits. It can also lower the risk of oral cancer. Here a few more luxuries from good dental hygiene.
Oral and overall health benefits from good dental hygiene.
- A brighter smile.
- Fresher breath.
- Reduce the chances of cavities.
- Healthier gums.
- Safer pregnancy outcomes.
- Lower chances of heart attack.
- Decrease risk of oral cancer.
- Lower risk of respiratory diseases.
- Keeping your natural teeth for a lifetime.
- Lower dental and health care costs.
Healthy dental hygiene habits.
Whether you are a caregiver, parent, or trying to maintain your oral health, follow these dental hygiene habits for a priceless smile:
- Brush your teeth gently and thoroughly with fluoride toothpaste, twice (2) a day.
- Clean between your teeth at least once per day.
- Use a fluoride mouth rinse with the seal of acceptance from the ADA.
- Brush your tongue to prevent bacteria buildup.
- Visit the dentist for regular check-ups and a professional teeth cleaning.
Additional dental hygiene habits for a wealth of oral health.
- Do not use tobacco products. Call 1-866-New-Lung (1-866-639-5864) for free quit smoking & vaping services in Orange County.
- Include nutritious foods in your diet.
- Limit foods and beverages high in sugar.
- Limit alcohol drinks.
- Drink plenty of water.
Maintaining good dental hygiene habits can help you keep your natural teeth for a lifetime to enjoy the riches of a healthy mouth.